Women Infants & Children (WIC) Program

WIC provides nutrition education and healthy foods to:

Women who are pregnant, who are breastfeeding their babies, or who have given birth in the last six months; Infants to 12 months of age; and Children age 1 to 5.

How do you sign-up for WIC?

Contact the Clark County Health Department. Our staff will:

1. Ask your identity and residence. You will be asked to show ID and proof of where you live.

2. Ask your household income to see if you meet income guidelines. You will meet these if you show proof that:

You receive KTAP, Food Stamps or Medicaid, or
A pregnant woman or infant in your household receives Medicaid, or
A member of your household receives KTAP, or
Your household income is at or below 185% of poverty.

3. Do a simple health and diet screening to see if you have a nutritional or health need.

What will you receive?

HEALTHY FOODS - Foods you or your children may receive are:

Infant formula
Baby Food and Baby Cereal
Milk, cheese and yogurt
Vitamin C-rich juices
Iron-rich cereals
Dried beans or peanut butter
Whole Grains Breads, Tortillas, Rice
Fruits and Vegetables

NUTRITION EDUCATION - you will also get nutrition information to help you choose nutritious foods and improve your and your family's health.

HEALTH CARE - WIC can help you find regular health care and childhood shots if needed.

Why is WIC important?

Healthy foods help children grow and develop normally.
Good nutrition helps to protect your whole family against health problems.
WIC helps your community by building strong, healthy families.

(859) 744-4482 TO SEE IF YOU QUALIFY!


In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race,

color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.


Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.


To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: How to File a Complaint, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:


(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture

Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights

1400 Independence Avenue, SW

Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;


(2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or


(3) email: program.intake@usda.gov.


This institution is an equal opportunity provider.