Kentucky River Foothills Development Council Update
Notice to Public (Updated 3/17/20):
KRFDC is actively monitoring the COVID-19 outbreak. Protecting the health of our staff, clients, and community is our priority. All previously scheduled appointments, classes and meetings are canceled.
- KRFDC Main Office: is limited to telephone only, please call 859-624-2046.
- Outreach Offices/Energy Assistance: will be closed until further notice. The Kentucky Public Service Commission (PSC) is ordering all utilities under its jurisdiction to suspend until further notice, and for at least 30 days, all disconnections for non-payment, as well as late payment fees, in order to provide relief for customers during the coronavirus (COVID-19) epidemic.
- Community Collaboration for Children: home visits have been suspended. Staff will be checking in with clients by phone.
- New Pathways for Fathers and Families: classes have been suspended.
- Eastern Scholar House Program: the Child Development Center will be closed until further notice. Apartment residents are following social distancing and disinfecting recommendations. Our families have limited resources and need help. We need food pantry items, diapers (size 3 and up), and household basics. Support local restaurants and businesses by purchasing gift cards that provide food delivery/pickup. Donations can be dropped off M-F 8am-4pm. If a staff member is not present you can leave in the in the entry way (inside the first set of doors). Gift cards should be handed directly to staff. Contact Melissa Gross for more information or set up a time to deliver items at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Health & Wellness Center: is operational.
- Benefind Assistance Program: Assisters are available by phone. In Clark, Madison and Rockcastle counties call Ken Ledford at 606-813-1619. In Estill, Jackson, and Powell counties call Doug Justice at 859-661-6624.
- Free Tax Prep: all appointments have been cancelled.
- Affordable Housing Program: services have been suspended.
- Supportive Services for Veteran Families: is available for new applications and questions by phone at 1-800-372-7601.
- Weatherization: services have been suspended.
- Liberty Place Recovery Center for Women: has temporarily suspended all outside visits, open meetings and drop/offs/donations.
- Powell Adult Day Care: programming has been suspended and will be reinstated as soon as possible.
- Senior Services: programming has been suspended. Staff will work diligently to deliver meals to our clients who depend on them at our senior centers. Programming will be reinstated as soon as possible.
- Transportation: has suspended our transit routes effective March 18. Foothills Express will continue to operate EKU Yellow Route and limited service only (ex: dialysis/critical needs). Limited service will operate on a one-to-one service (1 driver; 1 passenger as a result of new Medicaid guidelines). Services suspended include the Berea Bus Route, Richmond Transit Service, Madison County Connector Service, and the Winchester/Clark County Transit Service. Additionally, the Clark County to Lexington Commuter Service, Express Service (curb-to-curb), and Intercity (to airport, train and bus), are suspended. These transportation routes will be reinstated as soon as possible. If you have a transportation emergency (health related), please call us at 859-624-3236 or 1-800-819-7083. Although we may not be able to provide transportation we may be able to link you with other resources. We will monitor the KY Office of Transportation Department, Federal Transit Administration, and the Governor’s Office for any additional guidance/mandates related to public transportation.
Please check back here for updates or call our main phone line at 859-624-2046. This is a challenging, rapidly changing time for everyone. Thank you for your patience and understanding during this difficult time.